It’s good to know that despite their not so great traffic and overall ranking as a social networking site, LinkedIn is still trying to improve its services, features and functionality. In a way the site is trying its best to be in tune with the norm among popular social media services that include the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz among others.
So now, LinkedIn has just announced several new features that would make sharing news within your LinkedIn networks easy. Since, LinkedIn is business social network, you all know how valuable news information are among business networks.
Here are the new features of LinkedIn’s news sharing functionality:
1. Get complete control over who sees what you’re sharing – be it everyone, individual, a group or connections.
2. Post article excerpts and images to what you are sharing. This will attract more attention from people you share it with. This feature lets you customize your message to people you are sharing the news with.
3. Preview, edit and delete posts before your LinkedIn contacts noticed that you’ve type something incorrectly.
4. Like and re-sharing of news feature in a single click. It also allows you to share news bits to multiple LinkedIn contacts.
5. Improved off-site sharing experience that lets you share news items you encounter while reading online newspapers such as WSJ and NYT.
6. LinkedIn’s very own URL shortener (lnkd.in) when sharing link to news items.
7. Attribution of re-shared items to the person who originally shared the items with you.
8. Share items on your LinkedIn profile to those who view your profile.
There you go, 8 new sharing features of LinkedIn that hopefully would make you a more informed LinkedIn member.